Tuesday, January 29, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

How 'bout some Hodgepodge questions? Answer these on your own blog and then scoot back over here on Wednesday to link up with the rest of the Hodgepodge peeps. If you're new here feel free to join the party....the more the merrier!

1.  In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl.  What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?

The last event I attended that I would consider super was my niece’s wedding. She made a lovely bride and my granddaughter was an excellent flower girl.

2.  Share something you're a fan of these days?

I am a fan of warmer weather and sunshine. We don’t have any here at the moment so I will have to leave home to find it.

3. How do you feel about wings?  In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind.  What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teriyaki, sweet and sour, other?  Do you make your own or is there a favourite place you like to go for wings?   

I am not much of a wing fan. I like them to be mild if I have them at all. I prefer chicken fingers instead.

4.  As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story?  Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?  

No I didn’t watch it. I am not a big fan of any sports so I don’t pay much attention.

5.  What's a question you hate to be asked?  

I can’t think of a question I hate however I love to be asked “Do you qualify for a senior’s discount?” When I answer yes they say I look to young to be a senior.

6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers.  Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens.  Were you and your sibling(s) competitive?  In what way? Are you still?  If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?  

I was the oldest so my siblings had to compete with me. I did everything first.

7.  What's your favourite game involving a ball and when did you last play?    

I would have to say Bowling although I only play on the Wii now.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

D H got a chuckle when I read this out loud as he thinks all of my thoughts are random. Otherwise I have started to pack for our cruise and could leave tomorrow if need be. Instead I have to wait another week or so before we leave. I won’t get to see my parents before I go because they are having a lousy winter. I am looking forward to restocking my wool bag since I have been madly knitting and crocheting. I thought I was ahead in the baby department and found I am several outfits short. It keeps me busy! And out of D H’s hair!!!