Friday, January 3, 2014

FRIDAY FRAGMENTS 7 FOUR FILL IN FUN

 

Follow Friday Four Fill in Fun Blog Hop – January 2, 2014 by Hilary Grossman

.

This week’s co-host is DONETTA from MY CONSTANT THOUGHT she who came up with the last statement.

Feeling Beachie

The statements:

  1. Is it really winter? I was so not prepared for this cold, freezing weather.
  2. I am the opposite of sad. Now that I am retired I am not stressed by work.
  3. Saying no is hard for me especially when it comes to my grandchildren asking.
  4. I My favorite pastime is knitting because it allows me to give gifts to my loved ones.

 

Thanks to Mrs. 4444 for hosting at halfpastkissintime.com

Half-Past Kissin' Time

It is the beginning of a new year. There was so much excitement last year that I know we won’t be able to duplicate it. Already I am tired of winter. I miss being able to walk every day. Hopefully I will be able to get back into swimming next week.

We are not planning any cruises this year however the cruise companies have our number and keep tempting us with sales and exotic places to travel. This is a year to stay close to home.

I am excited to finally start a sweater for my oldest granddaughter R. She picked a lovely pattern and her choice of wool is fabulous. It will be a pale green with dolman sleeves. I had to finish making the baby blanket as well as the hats and mitts for everyone.

I have a lot of reading to do. I am reading a book that my mother has lent me. It is full of funny stories that reminisce about life in the thirties in a small farming community north of Ottawa, Ontario. Many of the stories are similar to the stories my mother has told me over the years.

DH has a puzzle to work on. We are also getting a few hands of “hand and Foot” in between jobs.

I am looking forward to next week when the holidays are over and everyone gets back into routine. Have a good weekend!