Wednesday, January 1, 2014

WEDNESDAY– HODGE PODGE

 

Hodgepodge Questions Volume Brand New Year

 

 

1. Times Square is the setting for the infamous ball drop signaling a brand new year....when did you last 'drop the ball' on something?

I am not sure if I drop the ball however since I have retired I tend to go “with the flow”. If I don’t do it today I can do it tomorrow.


2. What is one thing you resolved to do in 2013 that you actually did?

Besides cruising, spending time with family I resolved to stay more active. It was easy on the cruise ship however I have found an aquafit class. I also resolved to stay in touch with my friends.

3. Jack London is quoted as saying, "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." Agree or disagree? Why?  I agree. It would be easy to sit around now that I am retired however my bucket list is long so I have a lot of work ahead of me.

4. What was the best thing you ate in 2013?

The list is too long to narrow down. We enjoyed some wonderful food in our travels. The best pizza I ate was in Amsterdam.


5.  Share an anti-resolution...that is, something you plan to keep on doing in the new year.

It is very important for me to stay healthy so I will continue to swim and walk as much as possible. I hope to continue our ballroom dancing as well.


6. The Pantone color of the year for 2014 is radiant orchid.  Like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?

Purple is my favourite colour as you can see. I love most shades of purple however the lighter ones do not like me.


7. In three words or less sum up your 2013. Cruising, Family, Love!


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Happy New Year Everyone! We went to our ballroom dance party and had a wonderful time. The transit system was free so we left the car at home. It was easy getting there however we had a bit of a challenge coming home. When the streetcar didn’t seem to be coming we walked to the subway station. We went to the next streetcar line and caught a streetcar immediately. It was a slightly farther walk and man was it cold. D H had his trusty camera with him and caught the action. We may not be in New York however we did have the CN tower  lit up.

IMG_0008

IMG_0019

IMG_0018

IMG_0009

I wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous 2014!