Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY & HODGE PODGE

 

Hodgepodge Questions

Here are the questions for this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge.

1.  Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?

I would like to think I am. I think I am a wonderful Grammy!

2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?

I love cozy beds and warm hot chocolate. I have been enjoying both immensely since this winter has been so cold.


3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?

Not really into any of these fruits. I used to eat pomegranates when I was in school.


4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?

I guess I would think – If I do this will someone think bad of me.


5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland.  Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.

I am not into skiing however I love apres-skiing. If I could visit one of the ski places it would Austria although I would want to see it in the summer time.

6.  What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)

I get my comics on-line as well as the weather.


7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?

Stay healthy! Be happy!


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

The kids have gone back to school and our classes in dancing and swimming have started again. I can no longer stay in the house and be a hermit. Fortunately we also had a January thaw and some of the snow has melted. I did manage to read some books as well as get some more knitting done.

D H is putting together the pictures from our trip across the Atlantic. It looks good so far. I am e-mailing copies of some of the pictures to the wonderful people we met on the ship.

Even though we have no plans to travel right away we can live off our past adventures. If you ever wonder what you will do with all of those pictures you take and can pull them out and relive the good times.

17AlmeriaL