Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY & HODGE PODGE

 

Hodgepodge Questions

Here are the questions for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. 

1. It's  been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that's true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What's something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what's something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?

Yes! I think it is important to laugh every day. When I worked there were a group of us who laughed and hugged every morning before we started to work. Complaining was not allowed. Kissing my husband in the morning is also uplifting.


2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?

No way! I don’t carry a bucket because I can’t carry a tune.

3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?

Why do people go out in the bitter cold without hats and mitts and scarves.


4.  Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?

I am not the puzzle person in the family. Hubby is. I like word searches if I do a puzzle.


5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?

Since I have retired and look back I think my hubby would have made a better stay at home parent however back in the 70`s and 80`s it wasn`t the way of the world. Today hubby does the housework and cooks.


6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?

We are on such a diet that we don`t eat processed food. I think most of them still have too much salt.

7. The author, Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) was born this week in 1832 (January 27th).  Which character from his celebrated novel, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, would you most like to meet, and why? Here's a link to a character list if you need help on this one.

I once hosted a tea party at work. I was the Mad Hatter.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

I have been doing a lot of reading because we are hibernating. I sit snuggle up with extra sweaters and the afghan around me. Fortunately I have lots of books in the house. Yesterday I read `Firefly lane``by Kristan Hannah. It is a story about best friends forever. It was spell binding however the one friend dies from breast cancer. She was very good about checking for lumps and having a mammogram however she failed to notice the changes around the nipple. Her family doctor actually thought it was a bug bite and missed the diagnosis. This is the thought that I will take away from this story. It reminds a little of the movie `Beaches``

D H is still working on the pictures from our last cruise. He ran out of blue ink for the printer. I wonder why except most of the pictures have water or sky in them.

19BarcelonaJ

19BarcelonaG

Just some of the architecture in Barcelona. Most were designed by Gaudi.