Tuesday, January 7, 2014

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

Everyday Ruralty          

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone! I am joining two of my favourite bloggers for Tuesday – Les at Time out for Mom and Patrice as Everyday Ruralty.

Questions

  1. How much baking did you do before and after Christmas? Do you get more inspired to bake when the temps are cooler?   I actually only did a little bit of baking because I was not having a lot of company and I was not home long enough to do all of may baking. I wish I could be inspired to bake however DH and I are working on staying healthy and since only I eat the baked goods I am staying away from baking.
  2. Do you have any food intolerances or allergies? Yes! Pineapple and fish as well as eggs!
  3. When was the last time you were in a restaurant? We ate in a restaurant on our weekend away with our friends N and M.
  4. What's your favorite accent(speech)? I am very attracted to an English accent however I will take Aussie, Kiwi, Irish, Scottish or South African.
  5. My favorite exercise is ballroom dancing, closely followed by swimming.

Tuesday, January 7th, 2014


Let's start the season of with Random Bits.

2014 is starting out to be a bit frustrating. Mother Nature has some crazy idea of keeping everyone locked up in their houses. It is positively freezing outside. Not only that but the wind is whipping around the house, rattling the dishes. I was supposed to start swim fitness today however that is not going to happen.

I miss the cruise ship. At least there I knew where DH was and we had lots of company. I am a very social person and this extreme cold keeps me bundled up inside. I have at least started to read again. I just finished a book my mother gave me “ A Bubble off Plumb” by Mary Cook. She is a Canadian author who grew up in the Ottawa area during the Depression. Even though I did not live in the 30`s the stories she shares have been shared by mother over the years. I could definitely picture the events as they were told by Mary.

I will also start to read some of the books daughter H gave me as well. I am between projects in my knitting and crocheting. The sweater I started for granddaughter R is not going to work out. She wants something longer. I guess it is back to the drawing board.

I hope everyone stays warm!