Here are the questions for this week's Hodgepodge:
1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge this week falls on John Chapman's birth date. He's more famously known as Johnny Appleseed...what's your favourite variety of apple?
My favourite apple is the macintosh. It is good to eat raw as well as it is a good cooking apple. I am not fond of Granny Smith apples.
2. When did you last say 'ick'?
I said “ick” on Sunday when I changed the dirty diaper of my youngest granddaughter.
3. Do you think there's a generation gap? Explain.
I am not sure I would call it a “generation gap” so much as the need to keep up with technology. The older we get the further behind we become. My grandmother didn’t get electricity until after I was born. The telephone was a party line and the car was only used for a trip to town for groceries which were items not grown on the farm. Today the kids have cell phones, computers etc.
4. What's on your computer screen saver? Do you leave it alone or change it often?
Our screen saver is a picture of a rock island which a little like the lake our cottage used to be on. I don’t change it at all.
5. If you had the attention of the entire world for two minutes, what would you say?
Why are you fighting? It is time to get along with everyone.
6. Four fashion trends to try this fall are-brocade/jacquard (fancy printed fabrics), peplum, lace, and printed pants...which of these four would you be most likely to wear?
Probably none. I am not a fashionista and since I retired my existing closet is good enough.
7. What can make your bad day better?
A kiss, a hug and a cup of tea.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I brought the subject of “generation gap” up to several friends this afternoon and I have everyone pondering the gap. It was a lively discussion.