Thursday, October 25, 2012

THRIVING THURSDAY–PONDERING WITH A PURPOSE

 

Pondering with a Purpose – Content

This Week's prompt: Content

Content or living your dream?

If you have read my blog you will realize that I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 40 years. We have had our ups and downs however we have managed to grow together and appreciate each others quirks. We joke that we stayed together for the sake of the children however we worked hard to maintain our love.

We have 3 wonderful children who are all married. H and W have given us 3 awesome grandchildren. R is 14 going on 40. L is 6 and learning to read and write and lastly E will be 2 next Monday. We just spent a week with them and had a fabulous time. My only regret is that they live 16 hours away. C and P will celebrate their 2nd wedding anniversary on Tuesday. And lastly M and M have 2 gorgeous girls E who is 5 and claims to be the smartest girl in her class and F who is 18 months old and just starting to talk. They will be adding to our grandchildren in April.

I trained to be a teacher and actually taught until I left to have H. I loved the 4 year olds that I taught and actually taught the same children when they were 7. I went back after the 3 children came along however I found that the teaching world had changed. I didn’t fit with the new rules. I went into business instead.

I was able to stay out of the workforce for 12 years to raise our family. D H worked extra hard to support us. I am forever grateful. I wish in hindsight that he could have gone to school to be a teacher because he would have been fantastic. He has a lot more patience than I do.

We are both retired now and we love it. We are travelling on cruise ships and ballroom dancing.

SO IN ANSWER TO THE QUESTION – AM I CONTENT? – HECK YES!!!

IMG_1604