Tuesday, October 9, 2012

TUESDAY COFFEE CHAT

 

The coffee chat is back! If you'd like to join, head over to Leslie's at Time out for Mom.

I Need A Hero

What hero of film or literature are you holding out for? Feel free to include video, photos, or dialogue in your post to convince us your boy, or girl is the one to save the day.

 

noun, plural he·roes; for 5 also he·ros.

1.a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

2.the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc.

3.Classical Mythology .

a.a being of godlike prowess and beneficence who often came to be honored as a divinity.

b.(in the Homeric period) a warrior-chieftain of special strength, courage, or ability.

I had a hard time with this topic.  I don’t watch a lot of movies and my literature is for recreation as I read mostly romance novels.  In the case of the books I read all the characters are heroes in some form. I will say though that I am back to watching a lot of television.  I love CSI NY. Does Gary Sinise count as a hero because I really like him?

Gary Alan Sinise is an American actor, film director and musician. During his career, Sinise has won various awards including an Emmy and a Golden Globe Award and was nominated for an Academy Award.

Born: March 17, 1955 (age 57), Blue Island

Height: 1.75 m

Spouse: Moira Harris (m. 1981)

Music group: Lt. Dan Band

Awards: Cable Ace Award for Actor in a Movie or Miniseries, More

I learned that he also has a charity which is:

www.garysinisefoundation.org/Share

At the Gary Sinise Foundation, we serve our Nation by honouring our defenders, veterans, first responders, their families, and those in need.

Besides being in CSI NY he was also in “Forest Gump” with Tom Hanks.

Of course my ultimate hero is my husband.  He saves me every day.  He comes the rescue when ever my car has a problem. When our children need his help. He there to help me support my parents and he just has so much love for everyone.

I hope your heroes are good ones.