Tuesday, October 2, 2012

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

 

Questions for the Wednesday Hodgepodge
Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge.  Answer on your own blog then hop back here tomorrow to join the party.  See you there!

1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner with my son and his family as well as my daughter and her husband.  I am also looking forward to travelling to South Carolina with D H, my sister and my daughter while we visit with my oldest daughter and my grandchildren,

2.  Is chivalry dead?  Explain.

I don’t think chivalry is dead however I think it is sometimes left behind and the younger generation needs to be taught it.


3.  On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut.  Which character is your favourite?  Which character is most like you?  (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Shroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock, or Pig Pen)  If you need a description click here .

I think I am most like Lucy.  I am bossy and love to be in charge.

4.  What's something you're competitive about?

I am no longer competitive since being retired I can be me.

5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan?  How do you like your popcorn?

I love popcorn  D H air pops our popcorn and I eat it without salt or butter.  It was one thing I could have on a diet.


6.  When did you first realize the world is small?

I was in England in 1972. It was the year before I got married.  I took a course with other teachers.  While we were travelling between cities on a train we read our mail. One of the teachers and I discussed our letters from our family and we discovered that we had cottages on the same lake and had never met.


7.  In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?

I have seen many beautiful buildings on my travel however I would have to say that the CN tower in Toronto is in my view every day.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

i can’t believe how fast this year is passing.  I had no idea I could be this busy and be retired.